Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You Snooze You Lose

Can someone please explain to me what the purpose or benefit of the snooze button is on your alarm clock?

I'm amazed at the popularity of this button. Try to find an alarm clock without one! I don't know, to me it's simply a way to put off getting out of bed at the time when you're SUPPOSED to get out of bed. The snooze button is just a kinder way or "politically correct" way of saying procrastination button.

If you need to get up at 6:00 a.m., why not just set your alarm for 6:00 a.m. and be done with it. I know who you are ;) The alarm goes off at 6:00, you hit snooze.... alarm goes off at 6:10, you hit snooze again.... alarm goes off now at 6:20. AH!! You now jump out of bed and get moving! OK, so why not set the alarm for 6:20 a.m. then each morning?

By the way, my opening question is just rhetorical. I don't really expect an answer. First of all, you can't answer because I disabled the comment feature on my blog (a certain sister of mine was having way too much fun poking fun at me so I finally had to turn off that feature, lol) and second of all, I've already had many a conversation (debate?) with a friend who uses this procrastination...oh I mean snooze... button practically every morning.

You go ahead and snooze. I'll enjoy my morning coffee at a leisurely pace. ;)