Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekly Schedule, Pt. 2

I'm late, but I'm here. Had to make sure I finished my dusting and vac'ing today before blogging, LOL! You'll see why... Today is Tuesday after all. Nothing like your own writing to hold you accountable! :)



Anyways, I promised you a peek into my weekly schedule, so here they are on a two-page spread. Again, they are encased in plastic sleeves so I can check things off and write things in with a transparency marker. I have used this weekly schedule now for at least 2 years, possibly 3, with minor tweaking every now and then as things change.



The typed items are things that I do every week, always on the same day of the week. I also include blank lines to write in those spontaneous things that always come up... appointments, phone calls to make, special cleaning that needs to get done, errands to run, visits to make, etc. etc. etc. The list is endless.

You will probably be familiar with the terms "Zone Clean" and "Room Rescue." Most women who have any interest in home organization whatsoever most likely have come across Fly Lady. I will explain how I handle these two items at another time when I talk specifically about house cleaning (or I prefer maintaining). Meanwhile, you can find her explanation of these terms on her website at www.flylady.net

As you can see, it doesn't take a lot of time to maintain your home once you have it free of clutter and relatively clean. A little time and effort every day will keep that house in pretty good shape if you're faithful about it.