Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Binder - Phone Section

Oh, I feel SO good this morning! I sat down at the kitchen table to fill out a medical form that needed to be sent to the college my son is applying for, and it called for his immunization dates. Oh my gosh, where did I put his immunization record??? I know I had requested a copy of it from the doctor's office a few years ago when he wanted to go away for summer camp.... My mind whirled for a few moments... where, where, where did I put it?


I eyed my binder lying open on my desk.... contemplating... could I have actually been THAT organized and stored it inside? I walked over and began flipping through the Family section..... oh wow! it's here!! I am good! Pat, pat on the back... ;)


My binder, although I prefer to call it My Household Notebook, is made up of four main sections. I even have a Table of Contents for it located in the front. Hmmm... now that I'm sitting here typing that, I find myself wondering..... why in the world DO I have a Table of Contents???? Other than to be totally anal, I suppose....sigh


Anyways... Here are the four major sections included in my binder - Phone, Household, Food, and Family. However, there are a myraid of possibilities! This is just a basic plan that works for me. Hmm, in thinking about it, I could really use a fifth section, Hospitality. I might have to rearrange some things this weekend...


Let me walk you through my binder section by section. The first section is my Phone section.


This is a small section at the very front of my binder (after the Table of Contents... which really serves no purpose, LOL). It includes a page for emergency numbers and also a page listing fast food take-out numbers, both forms I will share with you here. I used to tuck all my handy dandy take-out menus right there in a plastic sleeve along with the phone numbers until my sister gave me a really cute book last Christmas to hold them all....


I work with 3rd and 4th grade boys in an AWANA program at my church. Included also in this section is a page listing all of my boys and their phone numbers, making it a snap to call an absentee to check in on him or to speak with a parent if there was a problem in class....


Here are the forms I created for this section. Feel free to use them in your own household planner. :)