Thursday, May 29, 2008

Disney World.... sigh

Ah, there's nothing like a trip to Walt Disney World, especially when the weather is still cold back at home! I've always loved to travel (no cooking.... no cleaning...) and WDW is my favorite place to visit even after 30+ trips to the World.

I just returned home after spending a week in Orlando. Seriously, I had all good intentions of posting last week while I was there... but the parks just called out my name. :)

One of the things that bugs me on vacation is that tiny little table in your hotel room. You know, the place where everyone in your family dumps their stuff onto at the end of the day... I can't stand clutter at home, and I certainly can't stand clutter on vacation.

So here's a little tip for your next hotel visit. Buy a shoe bag that hangs over a door. I keep mine packed in my suitcase when I'm at home. When I arrive at a hotel, I hang it over the front door of the hotel. Everything gets put into the bag when arriving back to the room - car keys, receipts, loose change, sunglasses, wallet, park guides, cell phones, etc. As you're walking out the door for the day, you can glance through the transparent pockets and grab what you need for the day and be off! Frees up the table to actually be used as a table, and keeps Mom very very happy. :)

You can also hang one over the bathroom door for all those toiletries so as to keep the counter clutter-free, so the maid can actually wipe them down (hopefully...) ;)