Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sigh... More Catalogs...

What does one do with the countless catalogs and magazines that flood our mailboxes, especially in the back-to-school season and the even bigger Christmas season that soon follows.

I know...I know... we're told countless times to just throw away those catalogs without even opening them. And I do.... for the most part ;) But there are some that I can't bear to throw away without a peek inside (followed by intense coveting... I want this... and I want this... and this... But that's another subject).

Eventually, you know what happens to those magazines and catalogs that we intend to read when we have free time. That stack just keeps growing and growing either on our kitchen table or on the countertop.

I have discovered the BEST place to keep this "clutter" - my car!

Any catalog or magazine that I want to read gets put into my car now. So many times I have been caught waiting around for one child or another while sitting in my vehicle... so handy to have something right there at my fingertips to occupy myself while waiting. I can even get through 2-3 pages of a catalog while sitting at a red light.

And in case you're wondering..... No, I do not read while driving! :)