Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Who Am I?

I am one of those "born organizers" that some people just love to hate.... a bona fide list-maker, clutter-free, schedule-oriented, paper queen. I thrive on organization! However.... I can be organized to perfection, but unless I actually take the time to utilize that beautiful daily planner with all my lovely forms and schedules that is sitting on my kitchen desk, I am hopelessly lost.

I missed a dentist appointment the other week. Why? Sure, I had it written on my wall calendar and inside my daily planner, but it was one of those mornings (sigh... no need to explain those kinds of mornings...), and I didn't actually LOOK at my planner until the appointment time had already passed. Ah! It's times like this when I wish I could put the blame on my "being disorganized and that's just the way it is..." But hey, I'm organized. I should have known better! Ah, makes the guilt so much heavier to bear...

Whether you are naturally organized or disorganized, I hope we can learn and grow together. We are busier than ever in today's age, but life is too short to spend racing around putting out fires. I believe all of us crave a simple lifestyle - a life centered around family and friends - a life where there's actually time during each day for you to relax and enjoy the moment.

Hopefully, I can help with not only simplfying my own life, but yours as well!