Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not Another List??

Summer means vacations and day trips. Since we tend to pack/bring the same things, why not create a master list that you can make small adjustments to as needed and use over and over again.

In my household binder, I have three such lists. The most important list I keep is a general packing list for vacation - I can add/delete items if necessary, but the majority of items we bring with us on vacation doesn't change from trip to trip. So save yourself some time by holding onto that packing list - put it in a transparent sheet to use as a checklist when packing, then store it back inside your binder for the next trip.

I also keep a beach packing list - you know... all those things we lug to and from the ocean every trip. Although with my boys getting older, the list is getting smaller - pails, shovels, dump trucks, sailboats, etc., can now all be crossed off my list!

Almost embarrassed to admit this... but I also have a camping packing list in my binder. Talk about anal.... oh my gosh, I don't even camp!! But.... if I ever do, I'm sure to be prepared! LOL!

Packing checklists are great! You'll never find yourself away from home without that much needed item...