Thursday, June 26, 2008

Super Simple SINFUL recipe

I pulled this recipe off the web a few years ago, and since then my sons and I have made it countless times. It's super simple (only FOUR ingredients), but you wouldn't believe the taste - this stuff is ADDICTING!

We make it for ourselves (when I'm being "bad"); we've made it for various parties and school/youth group events; we've put it in tins and given it as Christmas gifts. Could also be given as a super easy hospitality or thank-you gift or "just because"...

I always keep the ingredients on hand for that last minute "Mom, I need to bring something!" emergency or for a last minute craving (heh). My son makes it with his friends over all the time (which is fine with me as long as he shares with his mother - house rules).

Quick & Easy Toffee Bars

1 sleeve saltine crackers (don't laugh - you can't taste the cracker - just the crunch)
1 cup butter (woot! so so sinful)
1 cup brown sugar
chocolate chips (as many as you want)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a "lipped" cookie sheet with foil (so important, lol) and lay out crackers to cover bottom.

Stir together butter and sugar on stove until boiling. Boil 1 minute.

Pour butter mixture over crackers.

Bake in oven 3-6 minutes until bubbly.

Sprinkle on chocolate chips and and spread until smooth.

Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! (How can anything with one cup of butter and sugar taste bad anyways, LOL) I haven't met anyone yet that hasn't raved about this stuff.

Try it, you'll like it ;)