Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Results - 7 Minute Experiment

Motivated by what the mom that I blogged about previously was able to accomplish in a mere seven minutes, I put myself to the test. I set the timer as I was about to cook myself an omelette for breakfast. Here are the results:

Scrambled my eggs for omelette and started the cooking (took longer than 7 minutes to actually cook thoroughly)

Emptied the dishwasher

Printed four forms that I needed to fill out for school

Went out on my front porch and watered my flowers

Started a load of laundry on the way out

Wiped down my kitchen counters AND my kitchen table

I was hoping to finish cooking my omelette during this 7 minute experiment, but it needed a few more minutes to cook through thoroughly. But wow, I was amazed at what I could do in that small amount of time. Try it for yourself! All you need are 7 minutes.

And if you can't get 7 minutes, try 40 seconds! In the time it takes me to microwave a cup of coffee (sometimes I'm that desperate for a hot cup), I can empty my dishwasher or wipe down my counters.

If only I could teach my boys this amazing principle. Brandon is still just standing there watching his oatmeal cook in the microwave...